Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Springtime in February? In Pittsburgh?!

I must be 30 now because I find myself talking about the weather constantly these days! But, winter hasn't exactly been winter this year. I think our biggest snow was back in October which has provided a terrible snowman making season for a very eager three year old. Poor girl! I want snow as much as she does, but it seems we missed all of the fun while living in Mississippi and Oklahoma for two winters.

In her little life she has never been sled riding! That's a travesty! We managed to put together a small snowman (complete with a Steeler hat and scarf, of course!) with our last dusting, but that's all she has experienced! I'm hoping for a big snow yet this year, but as the calendar pages keep flipping it's becoming less and less likely! Then... I found this...


Daffodils?!?! What?!?! Yes! Our daffodil bulbs are poking through our mulch. I really hope the little pretties survive as this is insanely early, but time will tell.

For the sake of the daffodils maybe Miss K and I will have to get on the spring bandwagon and give up on our hopes for piles of the fluffy white stuff. Yesterday my car thermometer read 61 degrees. 61! I do love the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment